PLAY IS THE WAY® at Lara Lake Primary School
Play Is The Way is a philosophy of behaviour education and student self-regulation that fosters independent, self-motivated, empathetic, life-long learners.
It is a practical methodology for teaching social and emotional skills using:
- A unique program of physically interactive games (that both require and develop personal and social competencies).
- 5 guiding concepts (that are embedded through classroom activities and serve as a moral compass to help children do what they believe is right as opposed to doing what they are told).
- A specific and empowering self-reflective language (that helps children to master their behaviour in preparation for a responsible life in free society).
The guiding concepts are:
- Treat others how you wish to be treated (The golden rule)
- Pursue your personal best
- Have reasons for the things you say and do
- Be brave- Participate to progress
- It takes great strength to be sensible